Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grid art project

This is my grid art project that i did for class. I thought about this project for a while before i set my mind to this idea. I wanted to create a project that would embody the classic dungeons and dragons feel and use a medium that would be interesting to work with. I chose to make a wooden sign of the logo because I felt like when dungeons and dragons first came out, they were on the brink of the digital age.

First I took my wood and created the grid by using a table saw to cut lines every 1/2 of an inch. Then i found the logo online and photoshopped it to look more pixilated and I had to match the number of pixels to the piece of wood that I had created. After that I used wood stain and paint brushes to color every square on the piece of wood. It took about 3 or 4 hours to stain the whole piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment